Midland Surveying specializes in airport obstruction surveys, including ground based surveys, obstruction identification, and detailed topographic surveys of airport taxiways, hangar aprons and terminal areas. Midland’s methods for completing airport obstruction surveys follow current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and military aviation guidelines.
Midland Surveying has completed various airport obstruction surveys for airports of all sizes, such as small private airports, municipal and international airports, and large army airfield bases throughout the Continental United States. In 2009, Midland Surveying was awarded a five (5) year contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District to provide Airport Obstruction surveys throughout the United States.
Task orders have included airport obstruction surveys at more than 20 Army Airfields and Heliports in the United States, including:
- Felker Army Airfield at Ft. Eustis (VA)
- Multiple Airfields at Ft. Rucker (AL)
- Phillips Army Airfield at Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD)
- Bryant Army Airfield at Ft. Richardson (AK)
- Muir Army Airfield at Ft. Indiantown Gap (PA)
- Picacho Army Heliport (AZ)
- Biggs Army Airfield at Ft. Bliss (TX)
- Grayling Army Airfield at Camp Grayling (MI)
- Sherman Army Airfield at Ft. Leavenworth (KS)